Rubber flooring is a modern type of floor that is widely in use of our commercial sectors. Rubber floors are a new favorite of gyms, sports arenas and playgrounds. Floors are not the same as they used to be a few decades. A wood floor is not a simple laminated floor any more you may find varieties along with designs in it. Not only you may find changes and development in every flooring type, but you may also find new models. Rubber floors do not only provide comfort and unique surfaces; they are available in different types too.
Here is a guide of Rubber floorings that might help consumers while purchasing it.
What is Rubber Flooring?
Rubber floors are made up of natural or synthetic rubber materials, which are often recycled from different types of tires. Rubber is used in both as a separate type of flooring and also as carpet padding. The rubber material used in both types is different.
Types of Rubber Floorings:
Why go for the same kind of floor, when you can opt for varieties. Not a kind of rubber is best for all floors same wise everyone doesn’t like the same material. Here are a few types of rubber floors.
- Sheet: Rubber floorings come in rolls. This type is best for installing the floor from wall to wall carpet shape. The rolls can be easily cut and fit in corners and lay smoothly on the surface. Sheet type of flooring is available in a different range of designs and gives you the privilege to enable large patterns to look elegant.
- Tile Form: Rubber floor allows you to create more multicolor and complicated patterns and designs. This method might involve lots of calculation of tiles according to your design requirement and its excellent finish. The process also includes necessary tile cutting to fit it in your floor correctly. Rubber is the right choice in the children play area with interactive designs and colors on the floor.
- Rubber Mats: If you are looking for coverage of some particular place then a rubber floor mat may become your prior choice. It is no doubt a good option as a non-slip pathway from one place to another. You can install it as a cushion at a home where water work is involved. The mats are easy to arrange, and you can change places according to your need and desire.
- Recycled Rubber Floor: For eco-friendly customers a rubber floor from recycled material is also available. It may provide you with all the benefits and fulfill all the beauty needs of the floor.
How to install Rubber floors:
Different types of rubber floor need different techniques for installation. For instance,
- Rubber Floor Rolls installation: If you are looking for rubber floor rolls installation then you are at the right All you need is rubber roll glue, utility sharp knife straight edge and measuring tape. Clean the floor from any dust, and moist apply a layer on the subfloor and spread the roll on it you may need to cut the edges from corners. Bingo!! The floor is ready.
- Interlock Rubber Floor Tiles: Installation of interlock rubber floor tiles is as easy as rolls had. Get your floor clean from any dust and particles to place tiles according to the patterns you want and lock them together. Keep a knife with you in case of cutting edges.
Benefits of Rubber floor:
Few of the benefits of Rubber floor are:
- Rubber Floors are noise insulators and resist static.
- Best floor types for dense foot traffic areas.
- Rubber floors are excellent water resistance.
- Anti-allergic material, eco-friendly and chemical resistance.
- Durable as they are less prone to cut and stain damages. Also, these are easy to clean and low in maintenance.
* Last but not the least, rubber floors are a great choice at places like kitchen, children’s playground, gym and sports ground as it is a non-slip type of surface and also gives a soft and firm base. That helps in less chance of serious accidents. Their bright colors and unique patterns will also attract people and give your place a decent modern look.